The Stanford School of Medicine Healthy Living (aka Chronic Disease Self-Management Program) is a series of workshops given 2 hours, once a week, for six weeks. Workshops are facilitated by two trained leaders, one or both of whom are non-health professionals with chronic diseases themselves.
Subjects covered include:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- Decision making
- How to evaluate new treatments
Dates: Tuesdays, July 16th - August 20th or September 24th - October 30th
Location: Personnel Training Room 3-119, 200 S Center Street
Registration is required. Space is limited.
For more information, please visit The Learning Center or call 644-2573.