The Stanford School of Medicine Healthy Living (aka Chronic Disease Self-Management Program) is a series of workshops given 2 hours, once a week, for six weeks. Workshops are facilitated by two trained leaders, one or both of whom are non-health professionals with chronic diseases themselves.
Subjects covered include:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- Decision making
- How to evaluate new treatments
To register, please click here to go to The Learning Center. Registration opens 2 months prior to the start of the session so please continue to check back if nothing is currently posted.
For more information call 480-644-5732 or email MesaWellness@mesaaz.gov