Thinking about Quitting?
Register for our Tobacco Cessation Program at the Wellness Center! Receive information and support on how to successfully quit tobacco and stay quit! Find the upcoming program's information below!
- Get rid of all cigarettes in your bag, room, and car.
- Stock up on oral substitutes (sugarless gum, carrot sticks, hard candy).
- Decide on a plan (nicotine patches, smoking cessation programs).
- Think about what worked and what didn’t in your past attempts at quitting.
- Eat several small meals during the day instead of 1 or 2 large ones. Also, eat regularly; don’t mistake hunger for the urge to smoke.
- Avoid sugary or spicy foods that may trigger a desire for cigarettes.
- Find ways to reward yourself! Use the money you’ll save from buying cigarettes on something fun.
- If you miss the feeling of having a cigarette in your hand, hold something else a pencil, a paper clip.
- Avoid temptation by staying away from situations you associate with pleasurable smoking. Remember urges to smoke will pass.
Don’t get discouraged if you relapse! Very few people are able to quit on the first try. It takes most people many attempts before successfully quitting.
To register, please click here to go to The Learning Center. Registration opens 2 months prior to the start of the session so please continue to check back if nothing is currently posted.
For more information call 480-644-5732 or email MesaWellness@mesaaz.gov